Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest

От Boyan Botev
Тема Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Possibly change the translation of "au travers de 26 types de prestations" with "through 26 types of social benefit programs" instead of "through 26 types of social benefit schemes". Schemes has a negative connotation.

Also maybe change:
"The CNAF's information system is satisfyingly based on the PostgreSQL database management system"
"The PostgreSQL database management system upon which CNAF's information system is based fulfills all expectations."

To me this seems a better translation to English of what the author was trying to convey. The literal translation seems a bit awkward.

Thanks,
Boyan

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 01/05/2016 01:09 PM, Stéphane Schildknecht wrote:
> On 31/12/2015 21:16, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> It's here:
>>
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob_plain;f=releases/9.5/translate/release.translate.txt;h=2f24f8fce19151e1e120ea5b9f2da007638400b1;hb=HEAD
>>
>> Please give me your corrections, comments, and suggestions for
>> improvement.  Thanks!
>>
> Hello,
>
> Happy new year to all.
>
> I guess everyone will have corrected the release date, it's scheduled on the
> 7th of January *2016* :-)

Good gravy, nobody spotted that before you.  Good catch!

--
Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS