Re: BUG #14143: stop database with -m immediate cause fatal message log when database start

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #14143: stop database with -m immediate cause fatal message log when database start
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 12:14 AM,  <marc47marc47@gmail.com> wrote:

> The database start with FATAL message when I try to stop the database with
> immediate.

That is not a bug; stop immediate forces a crash of the service, and
crash recovery is needed when the service is started again.

> I assume that FATAL, is a critical error log, it should be an warning
> only.

FATAL means the connection involved was broken.  It was.  More than
that, though, you should pretty much never use stop immediate unless
the building is on fire (literally) or you don't plan to keep the
cluster after it is stopped.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com