Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> wrote:

> They are right for upgrades.
> It's a hard to shutdown 1 TB database and wait couple of days pg_upgrade to
> finish upgrade and meanwhile database is offline.

What?  I had a cluster over 3TB and it was offline for only 10
minutes doing a major version upgrade using pg_upgrade's --link
option.  Of course, that was with minimal statistics -- just enough
to keep from getting truly stupid plans.  If it takes *days* to run
pg_upgrade on a 1TB cluster either you have an insane number of
database objects or you are not taking advantage of the available
features.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com