Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Proposal: revert behavior of IS NULL on row types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 7/22/16 7:01 PM, Andrew Gierth wrote:
>> In light of the fact that it is an endless cause of bugs both in pg and
>> potentially to applications, I propose that we cease attempting to
>> conform to the spec's definition of IS NULL in favour of the following
>> rules:
>
> I can't see how we would incompatibly change existing
> standards-conforming behavior merely because users are occasionally
> confused and there are some bugs in corner cases.

+1

Anywhere we have standard-conforming behavior, changing the
semantics of the standard syntax seems insane.  We can create new
syntax for extensions where we are convinced we have a better idea.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility
Сообщение: Re: AdvanceXLInsertBuffer vs. WAL segment compressibility