Re: One tablespace or several tablespaces

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: One tablespace or several tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 1:42 PM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am developing an information system that will be used by several clientes,
> each client has its own database, and each database has exactly the same
> structure for each client. The only difference is the name of the database.
> I have been thinking about whether or not using one tablespace to create all
> of the databases or to use one tablespace for each database, but I have not
> found a good reason for using one method or the other.

Generally I have found it best to use a single tablespace except
when there is a clear reason to do otherwise.  Usually that reason,
if it exists, is to allow storing less frequently accessed data on
a slow, cheaper medium.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com