Re: BUG #13900: stop standby failed with writer process hang(happen 3 times in 2 days)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #13900: stop standby failed with writer process hang(happen 3 times in 2 days)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 8:13 AM,  <amutu@amutu.com> wrote:

> I am updating my 3 database from pg9.3 to pg9.5,but may find a bug for the
> bgwriter of pg9.3.I can't stop all the stand by process,even for immediate
> stop mode and kill -9,the writer process still there,with ps state "Ds"  (D
> Marks a process in disk (or other short term, uninterruptible) wait) .google
> say the only method to clean the "Ds" process is rebooting the system.
> truss say no info for the process,and procstat say the process is calling
> the poll system call in the kernel.

There is no way for PostgreSQL to cause this.  In all cases where I have
personally seen such behavior there was either failing storage hardware or a
driver with a bug (which I was always able to fix with the appropriate firmware
or driver upgrade).

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com