Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Analyze IIRC acquires a new snapshot when getting sample rows,

I could not find anything like that, and a case-insensitive search
of analyze.c finds no occurrences of "snap".  Can you remember
where you think you saw something that would cause the ANALYZE
command in my test to use a snapshot other than the one from the
REPEATABLE READ transaction in which it was run?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com