Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> My assumption about how transition tables ought to behave here is
> based on the simple fact that we already fire both AFTER
> statement-level triggers, plus my sense of aesthetics, or bias. I
> admit that I might be missing the point, but if I am it would be
> useful to know how.

Well, either will work.  My inclination is that a single statement
should cause one execution of the FOR EACH STATEMENT trigger, but if
a good case can be made that we should have a FOR EACH STATEMENT
trigger fire for each clause within a statement -- well, it won't be
a problem for matview maintenance.  The biggest hurt there would be
to *my* sense of aesthetics.  ;-)

--
Kevin Grittner
VMware vCenter Server

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table