Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Marina Polyakova
<m.polyakova@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> And thank you very much for your explanation how and why transactions with
> failures should be retried! I'll try to implement all of it.

To be clear, part of "retrying from the beginning" means that if a
result from one statement is used to determine the content (or
whether to run) a subsequent statement, that first statement must be
run in the new transaction and the results evaluated again to
determine what to use for the later statement.  You can't simply
replay the statements that were run during the first try.  For
examples, to help get a feel of why that is, see:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SSI

--
Kevin Grittner
VMware vCenter Server

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindentimplementation