Re: snapshot too old issues, first around wraparound and then more.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: snapshot too old issues, first around wraparound and then more.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 6:59 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
index fetches will never even try to
detect that tuples it needs actually have already been pruned away.

I looked at this flavor of problem today and from what I saw:

(1) This has been a problem all the way back to 9.6.0.
(2) The behavior is correct if the index creation is skipped or if enable_indexscan is turned off in the transaction, confirming Andres' analysis.
(3) Pruning seems to happen as intended; the bug found by Peter seems to be entirely about failing to TestForOldSnapshot() where needed.

--
Kevin Grittner
VMware vCenter Server