Re: [GENERAL] raise notice question

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [GENERAL] raise notice question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> ProPAAS DBA <dba@propaas.com> writes:
>> Is it possible to execute a raise notice without the "Notice" keyword
>> being part of the output

> This is a matter for how your client code presents the message data.
> So far as psql is concerned, the answer would be "no", but a custom
> application could deconstruct the notice message however it wanted.

It wouldn't be crazy to provide a way in psql to suppress the level only
for NOTICE.  It would become much more important to be able to do so
(and perhaps do so by default) if we get stored procedures which can
return a complex result stream like TDS does.  The series of literals
and results sets of different types is something which can be quite
useful to DBAs.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com