Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

>> It appears that concurrent index builds are currently broken
>> from a quick skim?
>
> Either you don't understand this feature very well, or I don't
> understand concurrent index build very well.

And it may be the latter.  On closer review I think some adjustment
may be needed in IndexBuildHeapRangeScan().  I'm not sure that
throwing the error is necessary, since there is a flag to say that
the index is unsafe for existing snapshots -- it may be enough to
set that flag.

Sorry for my earlier email.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <