Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers
Дата
Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:

> SPI support would also
> allow us to consider using set logic for validating foreign keys,
> instead of the one-row-at-a-time approach currently used.

Just as a proof of concept for this I used the attached test case
to create foreign keys using current techniques versus set-oriented
queries with the transition-tsr code.  These probably can be
improved, since this is a "first cut" off the top of my head.

The delete of about one million rows from a "parent" table with no
matching rows in the "child" table, and no index on referencing
column in the child table, took 24:17.969 using current triggers
and 00:03.262 using the set-based triggers.  Yes, that reduces
current run time for that case by 99.78%

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения