Re: SERIALIZABLE and INSERTs with multiple VALUES

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SERIALIZABLE and INSERTs with multiple VALUES
Дата
Re: SERIALIZABLE and INSERTs with multiple VALUES  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:

> The test in ExecCheckHeapTupleVisible() seems wrong to me.  It's
> not immediately obvious what the proper fix is.

To identify what cases ExecCheckHeapTupleVisible() was meant to
cover I commented out the body of the function to see which
regression tests failed.  None did.  The failures shown on this
thread are fixed by doing so.  If there is really a need for this
function, speak up now and provide a test case showing what is
broken without it; otherwise if I can't find some justification for
this function I will rip it (and the calls to it) out of the code.
If you do have some test case showing what breaks without the
function, let's get it added to the regression tests!

I'm currently running `make check-world` with TAP tests enabled,
just in case there is some test there which demonstrates the need
for this.  It seems unlikely that such a test would be under the
TAP tests, but I'm making sure...

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com