DBA+

От Rick LaBanca
Тема DBA+
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs

We’re looking for someone with experience to manage all aspects of the StudentUniverse database environment. We build, manage and host all our hardware and software, and the right person will be passionate about helping StudentUniverse continue to grow and ensure we’re set to scale. We offer flexible work schedules and a great opportunity/excuse to get out and see the world!

    Responsibilities:
  • Strategy & Planning: Plan with Sr. Management the direction and needs of the StudentUniverse database environment & research and test potential changes and upgrades
  • Implementation: Work to implement agreed upon changes and upgrades
  • Business Intelligence: Work closely with StudentUniverse Business Intelligence team on reporting set up and assisting in developing techniques to analyze large data sets efficiently

    Requirements and Skills:
  • Ability to design new database schemas
  • Experience with Linux and shell scripts
  • Experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL, including replication techniques
  • Minimum 2 years experience managing databases in an ecommerce environment
  • Plusses: Familiarity with Python, R, MongoDB and /or Hadoop

How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume – using the job title as your subject line. To: jobs@studentuniverse.com.

About StudentUniverse:
StudentUniverse is the world’s leading travel booking site for students and youth. Through negotiations with a network of global partners, StudentUniverse offers exclusive pricing and terms on flights, hotels and tours. Its Travel Services division handles client requests for groups and custom itineraries.

StudentUniverse launched in 2000 and is headquartered in Boston with offices in London, Toronto, New York and the Philippines. StudentUniverse believes that travel is essential to a modern education. Millions of students use the service every year.

    Company Benefits:
  • Relaxed, casual work environment, including flexible hours and work from home policies
  • Onsite gym and locker room available 24/7
  • Happy hour(s), parties, boat cruises and team social events
  • Break room stocked with snacks and refreshments
  • Travel discounts and free airline tickets and vouchers

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: