Re: Inherited table identification possible

От George Woodring
Тема Re: Inherited table identification possible
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks for all of the help, this was exactly what I was looking for.

George

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Stephen Belcher <sycobuny@malkier.net> wrote:
Yes, the system column "tableoid" identifies the actual table in which the row is stored. If you cast this to "regclass" you'll get the name of the table that the row is stored in:

SELECT tableoid::regclass FROM base_table;

There's more documentation on this available at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/ddl-inherit.html (for version 9.1, at any rate: season to taste with your version of PG)

Hope this helps,
--Stephen