Re: BUG #16736: SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver

От Walter Weinmann
Тема Re: BUG #16736: SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver
Дата
Re: BUG #16736: SCRAM authentication is not supported by this driver  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
I use the official PostgreSQL image of DockerHub (docker pull postgres:13.1) Is it possible that in 13.1 the default password encryption has been changed to scram-sha-256? That would explain my problem, because in the image the parameter password_encryption in postgresql.conf is commented out.

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 18:45, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Version 13 was fine, but now with version 13.1 (via Docker image
> postgres:13.1-alpine) and postgresql-42.2.18.jar I get:

> Nov. 21, 2020 6:26:36 AM org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl log
> WARNING: SQLException occurred while connecting to localhost:5432
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: SCRAM authentication is not supported by
> this driver. You need JDK >= 8 and pgjdbc >= 42.2.0 (not ".jre" versions)

I doubt this has anything to do with an update to 13.1 per se.
What more likely happened is that you changed your account password
and it's now stored under SCRAM hashing, which your client-side
code is evidently too old to support.  If you don't want to update
your client-side code right now, do "set password_encryption = md5"
and then set the password again.  If you're running as superuser
you can look into pg_authid.rolpassword to verify that the hashed
password starts with "md5" not "SCRAM".

(BTW, md5 is still the default value for password_encryption in v13,
so it seems like you must have overridden that.)

Walter Weinmann
Grabenstrasse 13
CH-6004 Luzern

Mobile:  +41 (0)76 477 27 87