Re: How can sort performance be so different

От Bob Jolliffe
Тема Re: How can sort performance be so different
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sorry Merlin for not replying earlier.  The difference is indeed hard
to understand but it is certainly there.  We altered the collation to
use on the name field in that table and the problem has gone.  Having
having solved the immediate problem we haven't investigated much
further yet.

Not sure what exactly you mean by "other conversions"?