Archival process of partition tables with filtering few rows from tables.

От github kran
Тема Archival process of partition tables with filtering few rows from tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Team,

We are using PostgreSQL Version 9.6 and planning to archive our partition tables containing about 300 - 500 million rows . We have around ~ 50 partition tables to be archived to a new
cold path PostgreSQL database , version 10.6. We have a requirement to filter few rows before exporting this data from these tables as we dont want to archive those rows .

 What is a better approach to export and restore these tables ?.
  • Does COPY Command with a filter query to filter few rows using select works better ?.
  • pg_dump with filtering these rows ?.
  • Can i able to export my indexes , check constraints , constraints ?.
  • Any other options ?.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks.