Re: synchronous_commit and remote_write

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: synchronous_commit and remote_write
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> It seems pretty confusing that synchronous_commit = 'remote_write' means
> write confirmed to the remote socket, not write to the file system.  Is
> there no better term we could some up with?  remote_pipe?
> remote_transfer?

remote_accept?

And then, I could envision (if it continues down this road): off local remote_accept remote_write remote_sync
remote_apply(implies visible to new connections on the standby)

Not saying all off these are necessarily worth it, but they are all
the various "stages" of WAL processing on the remote...

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             Create like a god,
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,