Re: mosbench revisited

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: mosbench revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>      And hoping that the Linux guys decide to do something about it.
>  This isn't really our bug - lseek is quite cheap in the uncontended
> case.

Has anyone tried this on a recent kernel (i.e. 2.6.39 or later), where
they've finally remove the BKL out of VFS/inode?

I mean, complaining about scalability in linux 2.6.18 is like
complaining about scalability in postgresql 8.2 ;-)

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             Create like a god,
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,