Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Everaldo Canuto
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:

And what about create some way to create aliases for meta-commands in psql? Something like:

\alias quit \q
\alias exit \q

We also can create a special config variable to enable/disable use of aliases:

\set USE_ALIAS on

I don't think it will fix the problem, if you don't know how to use "\q", "\alias exit \q" and "exit" will be even harder.
Remember, it is basically to help newcomers.