Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration

От Ayush Vatsa
Тема Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration
Дата
Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 at 20:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> writes:
> 2023年12月11日(月) 18:09 Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810@gmail.com>:
>> ./config.status: line 486: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
>> ./config.status: line 486: ` *\'*) ac_optarg=`$as_echo "$ac_optarg" | sed "s/'/'\\\\\\\\''/g"` ;;'

> You should provide, at the very least, the following information:
> - the PostgreSQL version you are trying to build
> - the environment you are trying to build it in

+1

> A very hand-wavy guess, but possibly your local "sed" installation is
> not GNU sed?

I'm also wondering if the shell in use is nonstandard.  The configure
script would likely already have failed if you tried to run it with,
say, csh; but maybe more-subtly-incompatible shells could give rise
to this symptom.