Re: Bug in comparison of empty jsonb arrays to scalars

От Ali Akbar
Тема Re: Bug in comparison of empty jsonb arrays to scalars
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Given that nobody actually cares what that sort order is, I think that
> having to jump through hoops in pg_upgrade in order to fix it is not a
> great tradeoff.  I suggest changing the documentation to match the code.

Don't you in this case think we should match sort order in javascript?

Yes, definitely.
=# create table json_data (a jsonb);
CREATE TABLE
=# INSERT INTO json_data values ('{}'::jsonb), ('[]'::jsonb),
('null'::jsonb), ('true'::jsonb), ('1'::jsonb), ('""'::jsonb);
INSERT 0 6
=# SELECT * FROM json_data ORDER BY 1 DESC;
------
 {}
 true
 1
 ""
 null
 []
(6 rows)
So that's object > boolean > integer > string > NULL > array.

> a = [{}, [], null, true, 1, '""']
[ {}, [], null, true, 1, '""' ]
> a.sort()
[ [], '""', 1, {}, null, true ]
> a.reverse()
[ true, null, {}, 1, '""', [] ]

So in this case it's boolean > NULL > Object > integer > string > array
(tried in Chromium 53, Firefox 49 and Node v6.9.1)

When I tried to search for the ECMA Standard for this behavior, i found this: http://blog.rodneyrehm.de/archives/14-Sorting-Were-Doing-It-Wrong.html. There are problems about automatic conversion in javascript, like this:

> a = [{}, [], null, true, 1, 'someotherstring']
[ {}, [], null, true, 1, 'someotherstring' ]
> a.sort().reverse()
[ true, 'someotherstring', null, {}, 1, [] ]

versus this:

> a = [{}, [], null, true, 1, 'SomeOtherString']
[ {}, [], null, true, 1, 'SomeOtherString' ]
> a.sort().reverse()
[ true, null, {}, 'SomeOtherString', 1, [] ]

and this:

> a = [{}, [], null, true, 1, '2']
[ {}, [], null, true, 1, '2' ]
> a.sort().reverse()
[ true, null, {}, '2', 1, [] ]

So we can't replicate javascript sort order without emulating those.

Regards,
Ali Akbar

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan.
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Unlogged tables cleanup