Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

От John Naylor
Тема Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 6:03 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> This doesn't get applied cleanly after recent commit 0d1fe9f74e.
> Attached is a rebased version.  I have checked once that the changes
> done by 0d1fe9f74e don't impact this patch.  John, see if you can also
> once confirm whether the recent commit (0d1fe9f74e) has any impact.  I
> am planning to push this tomorrow morning (IST) unless you or anyone
> see any problem with this.

Since that commit changes RelationAddExtraBlocks(), which can be
induces by your pgbench adjustment upthread, I ran make check with
that adjustment in the pgbench dir 300 times without triggering
asserts.

I also tried to follow the logic in 0d1fe9f74e, and I believe it will
be correct without a FSM.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1KRByXY03qR2JvUjUxKBzpBnCSO5H19oAC%3D_v4r5dzTwQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/