Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:58 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> The two improvements in this code which are discussed in this thread
> and can be done independently to this patch are:
> a. use one bit to represent each block in the map.  This gives us the
> flexibility to use the map for the different threshold for some other
> storage.
> b. improve the usage of smgrexists by checking smgr_fsm_nblocks.
>
> John, can you implement these two improvements either on HEAD or on
> top of this patch?

I've done B in the attached. There is a more recent idea of using the
byte to store the actual free space in the same format as the FSM.
That might be v13 material, but in any case, I'll hold off on A for
now.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Вложения