Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I respect and will follow whatever will be the consensus after
> discussion.  However, I request you to wait for some time to let the
> discussion conclude.  If we can't get to an
> agreement or one of John or me can't implement what is decided, then
> we can anyway revert it.

Agreed. I suspect the most realistic way to address most of the
objections in a short amount of time would be to:

1. rip out the local map
2. restore hio.c to only checking the last block in the relation if
there is no FSM (and lower the threshold to reduce wasted space)
3. reduce calls to smgr_exists()

Thoughts?

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/