File size consideration of file_fdw in PostgreSQL

От Xiaobo Gu
Тема File size consideration of file_fdw in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

We have very large files in size will be created as external tables in PostgreSQL via file_fdw, we have the following considerations:
1. Can file_fdw handle files with size large than the size of RAM in the server.
2. Will file_fdw scan the full file every time when the external table is queried, even we have "where" clause to narrow to a subset of rows , as the file_fdw doesn't have a server engine.

Can you help with this, thanks.

Xiaobo