Bug: Windows installer modifies ACLs on the whole volume

От emergency.shower@gmail.com
Тема Bug: Windows installer modifies ACLs on the whole volume
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
One click installer postgresql-9.2.2-1-windows-x64.exe from
http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/.

Start the installer from "D:\downloads", choose "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.2" as binary directory, and
"D:\db\postgresql\9.2\data" as the data directory.

The installer runs for > 1 hour (actually it had not finished yet).
While doing so, it starts ICACLS child processes that modify ACLs of
every directory (and file?) on the D:\ volume:

icacls  D:\ /grant "UserName":(NP)(RX)
icacls  D:\ /grant "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService":(NP)(RX)

Since EnterpriseDB does not seem to have a public bug tracker, I post
the issue here in hope it get's attention.

Regards,
Alex