Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]

От Kirk Wolak
Тема Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]
Дата
Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 3:43 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2024, at 02:53, Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 9:03 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> wrote:
> > On 15 Jan 2024, at 07:24, Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com <mailto:wolakk@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Okay, I took the latest source off of git (17devel) and got it to work there in a VM.
>
> It appears this issue is fixed.  It must have been related to the issue originally tagged.

Thanks for testing and confirming!  Testing pre-release builds on real life
workloads is invaluable for the development of Postgres so thank you taking the
time.
Daniel,
  I did a little more checking and the reason I did not see the link MIGHT be because EXPLAIN did not show a JIT attempt.
I tried to use settings that FORCE a JIT...  But to no avail.

  I am now concerned that the problem is more hidden in my use case.  Meaning I CANNOT conclude it is fixed.
But I know of NO WAY to force a JIT (I lowered costs to 1, etc.  ).

  You don't know a way to force at least the JIT analysis to happen?  (because I already knew if JIT was off, the leak wouldn't happen).

Thanks,

Kirk Out!
PS: I assume there is no pg_jit(1) function I can call. LOL