Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

От Kirk Wolak
Тема Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 6:29 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> writes:
> The %T added to the PSQL Prompt is about 5 lines of code.  Reviewed and
> Ready to commit.
> That could knock one more off really quickly :-)

I'm still objecting to it, for the same reason as before.

                        regards, tom lane

Tom,
  I got no  response to my point that the backquote solution is cumbersome because I have to use psql in both windows
and in linux environments (realizing I am the odd duck in this group).  But my fall back was a common script file.  Then I shared my
psqlrc file with a co-worker, and they ran into the missing script file.  [ie, the same command does not work in both systems].

  I won't argue beyond this point, I'd just like to hear that you considered this final point...
and I can move on.

Thanks, Kirk