Re: Update Help on PREPARE to mention DEALLOCATE

От Kirk Wolak
Тема Re: Update Help on PREPARE to mention DEALLOCATE
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 4:42 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 1:27 PM Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> wrote:
Could we make the PREPARE line read
No. That is a syntax excerpt and the prepare command doesn't accept an optional deallocate keyword at that position.

If we wanted to improve the psql help here we'd have two options:
Add to the description:
prepare a statement for execution (undo this with Deallocate)

I  am 100% okay with that.  I would consider DEALLOCATE to be caps so it looks like a command.

But would leave that to you guys...
Great observations on the other issues.  Not looking to complicate things.  Just enough bread crumbs to link things.

Thanks!