Re: [GENERAL] Limiting the amount of data in a variable when logging slow queries

От Brett Delle Grazie
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Limiting the amount of data in a variable when logging slow queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 21 April 2017 at 12:13, Brett Delle Grazie <brett.dellegrazie@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We've enabled the slow query log and have a particular query that is executing an insert against a table containing a binary array column.

Given the content being stored is upwards of 100MB+ this leads to very long log messages for the slow query log.

Is there a way of having the slow query log only output the first 'n' bytes of a byte array and/or exempting this particular insert?

I believe I might have solved this by using (testing now):

log_error_verbosity = TERSE

However this is a rather blunt instrument. So if anyone has any better suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks,

--
Kind regards,

Brett Delle Grazie