Re: Add hint message for check_log_destination()

От jian he
Тема Re: Add hint message for check_log_destination()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 1:06 PM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, hackers
>
> When I try to change log_destination using ALTER SYSTEM with the wrong value,
> it complains of the "Unrecognized key word" without available values.  This
> patch tries to add a hint message that provides available values for
> log_destination.  Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Regrads,
> Japin Li.

select  * from pg_settings where name ~* 'log.*destin*' \gx

short_desc      | Sets the destination for server log output.
extra_desc      | Valid values are combinations of "stderr", "syslog",
"csvlog", "jsonlog", and "eventlog", depending on the platform.

you can just reuse extra_desc in the pg_settings (view) column ?