Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value

От jian he
Тема Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 1:56 PM Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> I attached the correct one, v4.

+-- Test pg_column_toast_chunk_id:
+-- Check if the returned chunk_id exists in the TOAST table
+CREATE TABLE test_chunk_id (v1 text, v2 text);
+INSERT INTO test_chunk_id VALUES (
+  repeat('0123456789', 10), -- v1: small enough not to be TOASTed
+  repeat('0123456789', 100000)); -- v2: large enough to be TOASTed

select pg_size_pretty(100000::bigint);
return 98kb.

I think this is just too much, maybe I didn't consider the
implications of compression.
Anyway, I refactored the tests, making the toast value size be small.

I aslo refactor the doc.
pg_column_toast_chunk_id entry will be right after pg_column_compression entry.
You can check the screenshot.

Вложения