Re: postgresql custom variable in pg_settings table

От jian he
Тема Re: postgresql custom variable in pg_settings table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 3:38 PM Yi Sun <yinan81@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> But can not select it from pg_settings, as we use pgwatch2 to monitor, to avoid pgwatch2 script change prefer to use
pg_settingnot current_setting() function, is it possible to get the custom variable from pg_setting please? Thanks

the following minimum c function doing that.
you can use LOAD (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-load.html) to
load it, which will make it session persistent.
to make it always persistent, you need to make it in the
shared_preload_libraries.
of course, you can define more Custom Variables.

#include "postgres.h"
#include "funcapi.h"
#include "fmgr.h"
#include "utils/guc.h"
PG_MODULE_MAGIC;
static int test_guc = 2;
void
_PG_init(void)
{
/* Define custom GUC variables. */
DefineCustomIntVariable("patroni.count",
"test .",
"Valid range is 1 .. 11.",
&test_guc,
2,
1,
11,
PGC_USERSET,
0,
NULL,
NULL,
NULL);
MarkGUCPrefixReserved("patroni");
}

От: Kiran K V
Сообщение: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF8: 0x00
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding UTF8: 0x00