Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions

От jian he
Тема Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 2, 2024 at 3:57 PM Yuya Watari <watari.yuya@gmail.com> wrote:

hi. sorry to bother you, maybe a dumb question.

trying to understand something under the hood.
currently I only applied
v24-0001-Speed-up-searches-for-child-EquivalenceMembers.patch.

on v24-0001:
+/*
+ * add_eq_member - build a new EquivalenceMember and add it to an EC
+ */
+static EquivalenceMember *
+add_eq_member(EquivalenceClass *ec, Expr *expr, Relids relids,
+  JoinDomain *jdomain, Oid datatype)
+{
+ EquivalenceMember *em = make_eq_member(ec, expr, relids, jdomain,
+   NULL, datatype);
+
+ ec->ec_members = lappend(ec->ec_members, em);
+ return em;
+}
+
this part seems so weird to me.
add_eq_member function was added very very long ago,
why do we create a function with the same function name?

also I didn't see deletion of original add_eq_member function
(https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/postgresql.git/tree/src/backend/optimizer/path/equivclass.c#n516)
in v24-0001.

Obviously, now I cannot compile it correctly.
What am I missing?