Re: remaining sql/json patches

От jian he
Тема Re: remaining sql/json patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 7:51 PM Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> and FYI: None of these crashes occur when I leave off the 'WITH WRAPPER'
> clause.
>

> > Erik

if specify with wrapper, then default behavior is keep quotes, so
jexpr->omit_quotes will be false, which make val_string NULL.
in ExecEvalJsonExprCoercion: InputFunctionCallSafe, val_string is
NULL, flinfo->fn_strict is true, it will return:  *op->resvalue =
(Datum) 0. but at the same time  *op->resnull is still false!

if not specify with wrapper, then JsonPathQuery will return NULL.
(because after apply the path_expression, cannot multiple SQL/JSON
items)

select json_query(jsonb'{"a":[{"a":3},{"a":[4,5]}]}','$.a[*].a?(@<=3)'
 returning int4range);
also make server crash, because default is KEEP QUOTES, so in
ExecEvalJsonExprCoercion jexpr->omit_quotes will be false.
val_string will be NULL again as mentioned above.

another funny case:
create domain domain_int4range int4range;
select json_query(jsonb'{"a":[{"a":[2,3]},{"a":[4,5]}]}','$.a[*].a?(@<=3)'
 returning domain_int4range with wrapper);

should I expect it to return  [2,4)  ?
 -------------------
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/extend-type-system.html#EXTEND-TYPES-POLYMORPHIC
>>  When the return value of a function is declared as a polymorphic type, there must be at least one argument position
thatis also
>> polymorphic, and the actual data type(s) supplied for the polymorphic arguments determine the actual result type for
thatcall.

select json_query(jsonb'{"a":[{"a":[2,3]},{"a":[4,5]}]}','$.a[*].a?(@<=3)'
returning anyrange);
should fail. Now it returns NULL. Maybe we can validate it in
transformJsonFuncExpr?