Re: documentation structure

От jian he
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 7:07 PM Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
<ilmari@ilmari.org> wrote:

> > It'd also be quite useful if clients could render more of the documentation
> > for functions. People are used to language servers providing full
> > documentation for functions etc...
>
> A more user-friendly version of \df+ (maybe spelled \hf, for symmetry
> with \h for commands?) would certainly be nice.

I think `\hf` is useful.
otherwise people first need google to find out the function html page,
then need Ctrl + F to locate specific function entry.

for \hf
we may need to offer a doc url link.
but currently many functions are unlinkable in the doc.
Also one section can have many sections.
I guess just linking directly to a nearby position in a html page
should be fine.

We can also add a url for functions decorated as underscore
like mysql (https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.3/en/string-functions.html#function_concat).
I am not sure it is an elegant solution.