Re: analyze partition

От jian he
Тема Re: analyze partition
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 7:55 PM Marc Millas <marc.millas@mokadb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the documentation, on chapter 5.11.3.3 caveat  says that a manual vacuum or analyze on the root table does it only
forthat said root table. To my understanding, the root table when used with declarative partitioning, does not contain
data,so vacuuming or analyzing should be 'fast'.
> If I run vacuum analyze ma_table on my big partitioned table (130+ partitions) it does work for quite a long time.
>
> Can someone clarify ?
>
> thanks
>

> Marc MILLAS
> Senior Architect
> +33607850334
> www.mokadb.com

per manual:
> 5.11.3.3. Caveats

>  The following caveats apply to partitioning implemented using inheritance:
> If you are using manual VACUUM or ANALYZE commands, don't forget that you need to run them on each child table
individually.A command like:

> ANALYZE measurement;
>
> will only process the root table.

declarative partitioning is not the same. Here the caveats refers to
partitioning implemented using inheritance.
These two are different things.

От: Marc Millas
Сообщение: analyze partition
От: Umut TEKİN
Сообщение: Re: need explanation about an explain plan