Re: BUG #15206: Can not import CSV into PostgreSQL

От Milorad Krstevski
Тема Re: BUG #15206: Can not import CSV into PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: BUG #15206: Can not import CSV into PostgreSQL  ("Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at>)
Список pgsql-bugs
So first I have to create all (for example 50 columns and define them in data type) and then import? That is not the case with any other db.

I tested as you said, first to create 3x columns, import and it went well (att. example 1). Please see the screenshot.

BTW, how can I bulk import many columns? Is it possible via SQL query or another way is better?

Sorry for the wrong mailing list and the "bug classification" but I am new in PostgreSQL and want it to connect to an app.

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]

 Milorad> I created all db, schema and table empty with default
 Milorad> settings.

The problem is that your table is "empty" in the sense of having NO
COLUMNS AT ALL. So obviously you can't copy data into it.

(Tables with no columns are not useful, and should never be created
intentionally.)

This isn't a bug, and you should never have posted it to the bug
reporting form in the first place. There are places to ask for help,
such as the pgsql-general or pgsql-novice mailing lists or the IRC
channel (#postgresql on freenode.net).

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

--