Re: Bad Estimate for complex query with JOINS on subselects and OR inwhere conditions

От Peter Grman
Тема Re: Bad Estimate for complex query with JOINS on subselects and OR inwhere conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Tom,

yes, I think this query is right below the geqo_threshold. But as I said, when I change only the WHERE condition to use AND instead of OR it's resulting in a really fast and efficient query (same planning time, but ~1/500th-1/1000th execution time). So there should be something different, or?

Thx for taking your time!

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Peter Grman <peter.grman@gmail.com> writes:
> our ORM with tenant separation enabled is creating the following query:

Ugh.

By my count there are nine joined tables in that query, which means
you're hitting the default join_collapse_limit.  Increasing that
setting might improve matters somewhat, though it won't fix the
bad rowcount estimate per se.