Query plan optimization for CHECK NO INHERIT and single table?

От Matthias
Тема Query plan optimization for CHECK NO INHERIT and single table?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey,

I tried out the new CHECK NO INHERIT feature for inherited tables.
There seems to be an opportunity to generate slightly better query
plans sometimes. E.g. when I do

SELECT * FROM base WHERE partition_id = 3

and there exists only one child table for which partition_id = 3 is
true I guess the query plan could just do a seq/index/whatever scan on
that table. Right now the query plan has an intermediate "Append"
node. This seems only useful if the results of multiple child tables
would need to be included.

-Matthias