Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Foreign Table Module

От Neel Patel
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Foreign Table Module
Дата
Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Foreign Table Module  (Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Khushboo,

Below are the observations.
  • When we create the new Foreign Table with column name and types then it shows NULL along with column name and type in properties tab.
             e.g. column_1 xml[] NULL
  • Once we inherits the table from another table then column and another parameters of inherited table should not allowed to change.
  • When we create any foreign table then same foreign table is also listed under "Tables" node.
  • SQL is not generated properly. Please find below SQL which gives error during execution.
           CREATE FOREIGN TABLE public.test_2
           (id1 integer NOT NULL DEFAULT12 COLLATEpg_catalog."POSIX")
               SERVER fsrv;
  • When we create the new foreign table with security label then no SQL is generated for security label.
  • In Edit mode, when we provide security label with both value "provider" and "security label" then security label is displayed NULL
            e.g.  SECURITY LABEL FOR frgn_table ON FOREIGN TABLE public.fsrv_table IS NULL;
  • During creation of the column, when we remove the collation then it gives below error.
               TypeError: item is undefined
  • Delete/Drop cascade functionality is not working, we are getting below error.
               TypeError: self.canDrop.apply is not a function
  • When we edit the foreign table and try to remove the existing "Data Type" of column then it gives below error.
              TypeError: this.dataAdapter is null
  • Create the new foreign table and click on ADD button in Column tab and do not provide any column name and data type. Need to do proper validation in Column tab for all parameters. Currently if user do not provide any value then wrong SQL is getting generated.
           CREATE FOREIGN TABLE public.test_4
           (None None NULL)
              SERVER test_fsrv;
  • When we do not provide the Check parameters in constraint then it gives SQL syntax error.
           CREATE FOREIGN TABLE public.test_5
           ()
               SERVER test_fsrv;

          ALTER FOREIGN TABLE public.test_5
              ADD CONSTRAINT test CHECK () NOT VALID;
  • If we edit foreign table and change the schema then it gives below error.
              IndexError: list index out of range
  • We should have proper indentation in the SQL tab once we give the parameters. Currently it looks like below for "Options" value.
            CREATE FOREIGN TABLE "1_test"."5_test"
            ()
                SERVER asas
                OPTIONS (test1 'test2'
            , test3 'test4');
  • If user provide foreign table name and do not provide foreign server and click on SQL tab then we are getting error on browser side as below. We should have proper error handling in this case.
             Couldn't find the required parameter (ftsrvname).
  • Create the foreign table, add the constraint and do not provide any constraint information then SQL generated is wrong.
           CREATE FOREIGN TABLE "1_test"."9_test"
           ()
               SERVER test_fsrv;

          ALTER FOREIGN TABLE "1_test"."9_test"
              ADD CONSTRAINT None CHECK ();
  • When we click on the foreign table collection node then "Comment" column is blank even though we have comment in the foreign table.
  • Create the foreign table on PG 9.1 and after pressing Save button we are getting below error.
                "the JSON object must be str, not 'list'"
  • When we delete the options parameters then it gives SQL error because DROP statement does not include the value.
              ALTER FOREIGN TABLE public.test_12
                  OPTIONS ( DROP ser2 'val2');
  • There are some new functionality added in PG 9.5. Do we really need to implement ? Need to discuss with Dave/Ashesh. Below are the new functionality.
               - In create foreign table,we have added column constraint but "table constraint" is added from 9.5.Do we really require to add table constraint ?
               - In alter foreign table, below are the new functionality added.
                     1.  ALTER [ COLUMN ] column_name SET STORAGE { PLAIN | EXTERNAL | EXTENDED | MAIN }
                     2.  DISABLE TRIGGER [ trigger_name | ALL | USER ]
                     3.  ENABLE TRIGGER [ trigger_name | ALL | USER ]
                     4.  ENABLE REPLICA TRIGGER trigger_name
                     5.  ENABLE ALWAYS TRIGGER trigger_name
                     6.  SET WITH OIDS
                     7.  SET WITHOUT OIDS