Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.

От Oleksandr Shulgin
Тема Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 1:06 AM <tutiluren@tutanota.com> wrote:

or access your database from a system with true UTF8 terminal support.
I don't have a random system just lying around, ready to migrate my entire "life" machine to. If that were the case, this world would look very different from what it is, and I would have finally have an alternative to this nightmare OS. (No, Linux is not an alternative. I've spent the last 20 years regularly coming back to Windows due to the neverending problems with literally *everything* in Linux/Unix... even considering how horrible Windows is. Which is quite a feat. Please don't think I'm defending modern Windows for one second.)

Ten years ago my first reaction would be to download msys and try the command there.  It looks, however, that the development stalled around 2008: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS
Now I read that a second generation of that is available, but haven't tried it: https://www.msys2.org/

You'll have to quote the special characters differently, but that way of quoting will be familiar to the majority of folks here, I guess.

--
Alex