Re: postgresql log file not getting update

От Anson Abraham
Тема Re: postgresql log file not getting update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
db1 and db4 are 2 separate machines.  no other instances of PG running on
the box, doing a pg_ctl reload did nothing as well.
Also looking @ all proecsses running, only PG instance on the box.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 02/28/2013 08:19 AM, Anson Abraham wrote:
>
>> My postgresql-9.0-main.log file has suddenly stopped getting updated.  I
>> do not know why it stopped all of a sudden.  We made a slight modification
>> where changed in the postgresql.conf param:
>> From
>> log_connections = off
>> log_disconnections = off

>> log_connections = on
>> log_disconnections = on
>>
>> I'm on a debian environment w/ version 9.0.7.  It's a single instance w/
>> no cluster on here.  It was done w/a simple apt-get install back when,
>> when it was a fresh server (we'll call this db1)
>>
>> I have an identical setup for another server (db4), and when I made the
>> change to the same paramers in conf, it's updating the
>> postgresql-9.0-main.log file.  I reverted the connections and discon
>> from on back to off, and did a postgresql reload as well
>> as pg_reload_conf().  For both servers.  db4 the log file is getting
>> updated db1 nothing.  I thought the file was locked or some perms may
>> have changed and I deleted the postgresql-9.0-main.log file. It didn't
>> create a new log file until i did a postgresql reload. It created the
>> new file, but still nothing getting written to it.
>>
>> I know first thing people would say is to restart the instance, but
>> restarting is not an option for me in this case.
>>
>> I've changed
>> ucommented out this param
>> #log_destination = 'stderr'
>>
>> to be stderr, and even syslog and did a reload and nothing.
>>

>> I know i should use log collector, but again, that also requires a
>> restart as well, unless a reload will work?
>>
>> The way I reload is /etc/init.d/postgresql reload
>>
>> The distro for Debian is squeeze.  Again, it works on my other server,
>> this server it doesn't.  Any one have any ideas, where I don't need to
>> restart the pg instance?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> Just so I can follow, what are you defining as a server?
> Or to put it another way, are db1, db4 separate machines?
> Are you sure that a another instance of Postgres did not slip in during an
> upgrade?
>
>  -Anson
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: how long to wait on 9.2 bitrock installer?
Сообщение: Re: how long to wait on 9.2 bitrock installer?