Re: Build versionless .so for Android

От Matthias Kuhn
Тема Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Дата
Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Attached a patch with a (hopefully) better wording of the comment.

I have unsuccessfully tried to find an official source for this policy.
So for reference some discussions about the topic:

- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files

Please let me know if I can help in any way

Matthias

On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 6:43 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 1:24 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> FWIW, I have mixed feelings about patching the code to treat
> android-linux as an exception while changing nothing in the
> documentation to explain why this is required.  A custom patch may
> serve you better here, and note that you did not even touch the meson
> paths.  See libpq_c_args in src/interfaces/libpq/meson.build as one
> example.  That's just my opinion, of course, still there are no
> buildfarm members that would cover your patch.

It's reasonable to want good comments -- the one in the patch (1)
doesn't explain why this is required and (2) suggests that it is only
needed when cross-compiling which seems surprising and (3) has a typo.
But if it's true that this is needed, I tentatively think we might do
better to take the patch than force people to carry it out of tree.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com