Re: Failing to compile with ICU support error on Ubuntu

От Siddharth Karandikar
Тема Re: Failing to compile with ICU support error on Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks a lot Erik. It worked.
Not sure if the build script gave any specific error about this or I just missed that... :)

On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 5:17 PM Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:
> On 19/08/2023 13:26 CEST Siddharth Karandikar <siddharth.karandikar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to build the latest postgresql on my ubuntu docker instance.
> But its failing to compile it even when ICU related libraries are installed.
>
> Compilation fails with
> ```
> checking whether to build with ICU support... yes
> checking for icu-uc icu-i18n... no
> configure: error: ICU library not found
> If you have ICU already installed, see config.log for details on the
> failure. It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
> Use --without-icu to disable ICU support.
> ```

You also need to install pkg-config with which ./configure looks up libs.

--
Erik

Сообщение: Re: Failing to compile with ICU support error on Ubuntu
Сообщение: Re: Failing to compile with ICU support error on Ubuntu