Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault

От Петър Славов
Тема Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Now I understand - I have partial index with this predicate - "WHERE created_at > months_ago(2)",
where months_ago(int) is immutable function that returns current timestamp minus the given number of months.

Just to confirm - removing this index on the testing server stopped this Segmentation fault from happening.
Of course I will have to wait for a fix to be able to use logical decoding in this case.

One more thing - I am almost curtain that the same thing have to be fixed in pglogical extension ..

Peter Slavov

On 2018-03-26 22:59:12 +0200, Петър Славов wrote:
> Hi Andres,
>
> Alvaro, Petr: If I understand correctly what happens here is that some
> > *other* column than the replica identity has a predicate with a full
> > blown SQL function.  We shouldn't evaluate arbitrary code like that
> > inside the otuput plugin!
> >

> Not sure what you mean here, but in my case the replica identity is a
> regular integer primary key, without any functions as predicates in the
> index or anything else.

Turns out it it's not the replica identity index that's the problem,
it's *another* index with a WHERE clause that evaluates an SQL
function. That's a bug that needs to be fixed. But you might be able to
work around it for now by simplifying your WHERE clauses for the indexes
to not use SQL functions.

Greetings,

Andres Freund