Re: Simple question from a beginner: Can I use PostgreSQL as a file database?

От Baum Kataster
Тема Re: Simple question from a beginner: Can I use PostgreSQL as a file database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Basically, you can store binary data by using blobs but that is not the best practice.
A better approach would be to store your information in the database and to add a varchar column in which you store the folder and file name where the file is stored on your computer. Then you can retrieve it from there without bloating your database through excessive use of blobs.
You can find many good tutorials on PostgreSQL here: https://www.postgresqltutorial.com/